Thursday, February 5, 2015

What is Your Home Saying?

There are many ways to make buyers feel welcome when they are viewing your home, but none so easy, and obvious, as a welcome mat! A good first impression is key, and a brand new mat says you care about your home, inside and out!

Not all homes have old and worn doormats, but most of them do! That’s if they even have one at all! I went to preview a home about a year ago, and as I climbed the front steps, I noticed that not only was it doormat-free, but the outline of where it had been was still there. I knew the home was vacant, but the removal of the mat made the home seem very sad, and I hadn’t even walked in the door yet. It made me wonder if the owners had removed other things, like the light fixtures, or the mirrors in the bathrooms.

My first task in was to add a new welcome mat. What a difference it made! An open house the next weekend produced two offers, after being on the market for six months without any interest!

I can’t think of another item that can be added to a home, costing under $30, that makes a “statement” like a welcome mat. I know there are fancier mats out there, but I recommend the very simple ones, always with the word “welcome”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions!